Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yellow Squash Casserole

I made this recipe a few nights ago, and I think it may be my new favorite way to make squash. It is extremely easy, and it doesn't require many ingredients. If you like squash, you need to try this recipe...I'm sure you'll love it too.
















Yellow Squash Casserole
5 or 6 small squash
1 onion, chopped (I only used about 1/4 of an onion and it was plenty.)
8 oz. softened cream cheese
3 tbsp. sugar
salt to taste
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
2 stacks butter crackers, crushed (I used Ritz crackers.)

Cook the squash and onion in water until tender, drain. Add the cream cheese, sugar, and salt, and mix well. Spoon into a butter 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Combine the crackers and melted butter in a bowl. Sprinkle over the squash. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment