Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chicken Romano


Last night I made a super easy chicken dish, Chicken Romano. It was as simple as crushing up Ritz crackers, melting butter, adding a little garlic powder, salt, and grated Romano cheese and rubbing it on the chicken! It was just baked in the oven for about 45 min. and that was it :) James really liked it, he said it tasted just like a homemade fried chicken, with a hint of cheese. I agreed... It did taste like fried chicken, only it had to be better for you than that!! This is such a simple recipe I'll add it to my post:
Chicken Romano
36 butter crackers, crushed
1/2 cup (2 oz.) grated Romano cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 (3 lb.) chickens, cut up, or 12-14 chicken pieces (This is a lot of chicken, so change measurements according to how much chicken you want to make)
Salt to taste
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, melted
Mix cracker crumbs, cheese, and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and dip into margarine. Coat with the crumb mixture. Arrange the chicken in a single layer 9x15 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serves 6-8
This was soo easy I think Stacey could do it... haha

1 comment:

  1. Yum Ashley! I think I may have to try this one myself! I was just sitting here avoiding my work trying to think of something to make for supper tonight!

    ReplyDelete