Thursday, August 20, 2009

Creamy Mashed Potatoes

I have made these potatoes at least a dozen times, and I have to say that they are definitely my favorite mashed potatoes. They are simple to make...the only thing is you have to make them the day before you want to eat them, and they make a ton....I usually cut the recipe in half when it's just Brad and I. If you're looking for a healthy mashed potato recipe, then this recipe probably isn't for you, but I promise you, the extra calories and fat are worth it! :)

Creamy Mashed Potatoes
8-10 potatoes peeled, cooked, and drained
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
1/4 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. salt
3-4 tbsp. butter
paprika to taste

Add 1/2 cup butter and the milk to the potatoes and mash until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, cream cheese, garlic salt, and 1 tsp. salt until smooth. Spoon into a greased 9x13 in. baking dish. Chill, covered in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temp. for 2-3 hours. Top with 3-4 tbsp. butter, and sprinkle with paprika. I also add just a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


*Sorry...no picture for this one. I made it at the beginning of the week, and we were so hungry we dove right in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment