Thursday, August 20, 2009

Eggs Ole


This is the first real breakfast recipe I've gotten from the book. (I have made the Top of the Morning Danish, but I don't really consider that a breakfast meal.) Eggs Ole is a mexican twist on regular scrambled eggs. I cut the recipe in half because there was no way Brad and I needed to eat 10 eggs...I cut it down to 5 eggs, and we barely ate half of it! :) The flavor is very good...I think it comes from the cottage cheese and the green chiles. The recipe says to serve with salsa. It was good, and it mixed well with the mexican flavor. It was kind of hard for me to eat salsa early in the morning though. So after eating half of the eggs with salsa, I switched over to ketchup (my usual condiment on scrambled eggs), and I liked it much better! Even though I really liked this recipe, I don't know how many times I'll make it. I think I like my plain scrambled eggs too much to switch over to Eggs Ole for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment