Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pork Loin Sandwiches...Yum!

I've decided to dive right into the cookbook this weekend. I have plans to make 4 of the recipes...We'll see how I do... I started with the Pork Loin Sandwiches with Apple Jelly Sauce for dinner. I know it sounds wierd but believe me... They were very yummy :) Although, I must admit that making them didn't go as smoothly as I had planned...It started at the grocery. The recipe called for pork loin, and of course I just assumed that it was the same as pork tenderloin so that's what I got....not the same, but it worked! I had to modify the recipe a little too because it said to cook the meat in a pressure cooker for 10-15 minutes (I didn't even know what that was until I called Mom), so needless to say I didn't have one. So once I figured out how to make it all work I just had to toss all of the ingredients (ketchup, apple jelly, salt/pepper, chili powder, and a little vinegar) with the meat into my crockpot and let it cook for about 2 hours. Once it was finished it turned out to be like a sweet bbq pulled pork sandwich...Delish!





The finished product on an onion roll from a local bakery!

No comments:

Post a Comment