Saturday, August 8, 2009

Strawberry Tunnel Cake


What a perfect summer treat! So the idea behind this is that you buy an angel food cake, cut about 1/2 top of cake off, hollow it out, fill it with a strawberry, cream cheese, condensed milk, and lemon juice mixture and then place the top of the cake back on. You then just ice the whole thing with whip cream, and serve! I added some chopped strawberries to the top to make it pretty :) I will remember next time I make it that it's too big for my cake plate...the lid wont fit on, and it has to be refrigerated so I had to do some serious rearranging in the fridge to make room. This is a quick and easy recipe that is sure to impress! We actually haven't tried the cake yet...It's for a dinner party tomorrow night...But, I did taste a little of the filling while I was making it and it was pretty tasty!

1 comment:

  1. So this ended up being very yummy... Its pretty simple to make and its a perfect summer dessert! If your interested in the recipe let me know :)

    ReplyDelete