Saturday, September 19, 2009

Shrimp Scampi with Linguine

I have made this dish several times and we LOVE it! It's super easy and it will definitely impress your guests! It has alot of flavor and goes great with french bread :) The first time I had this I didn't even like shrimp and I thought it was delicious! You can make this with fresh or frozen shrimp, which makes it so easy!

I don't have a picture of the dish but I'll share the recipe :)

Shrimp Scampi with Linguine
16 oz. linguine
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
8 oz. med. shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut lengthwise into halves (I've never cut them...)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried basil, or 1/4 cup fresh basil
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley (This is ALOT of parsley, so I don't use quite that much)
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

Cook the pasta. Drain and rinse with hot water. Cover to keep warm. Saute the garlic in the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the shrimp. Stir-fry until the shrimp turn pink. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
Spoon the shrimp mixture over the pasta on a serving platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately. Serves 4-6 (This dish does not reheat very well, so if you are making it for two you might want to half the recipe.)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment