Saturday, September 5, 2009

Raspberry Jam...and more to come!


Last night James and I did something fun... We went raspberry picking :) James had been before but it was a new experience for me! It was like a treasure hunt... they were everywhere! We of course ended up with WAYYYY more raspberries than we could ever eat so today I tried something new.... Making jam! The recipe wasn't in the Home Again, Home Again cookbook, but they did have one for a strawberry jam if your interested! I used a recipe that came in the Sure-Gel box. It was SOOOO easy to make, and we cant wait to try it! All you need is LOTS of sugar, LOTS of raspberries, Sure-Gel, water, and canning jars! Super easy, and fun to make! I made 8 jars of jam and I have enough raspberries to make 10 more! haha Monday morning I'm planning on making the Raspberry muffins (in Home Again, Home Again) so check back for that post!!! If you have never made jam you really should... It's so easy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment