Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's Shake-n-Bake and I helped!

No, not really Shake-n-Bake, but I did make it all by myself! On Thursday night, while my husband watched the opening night college football games, I completed my first recipes out of the cookbook my two very talented friends have been using for weeks.


I made Chicken Romano and paired it with The Love House Rice. YUM-MY.



This dish was very easy to make. The Chicken Romano was SO juicy and tender and cheesy and crunchy and light.

All you need is:

  1. a sleeve of Ritz crackers (or any other butter crackers) crushed

  2. 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese

  3. 1 teaspoon garlic powder

  4. 12 to 14 boneless chicken pieces (I used 4 large boneless chicken breasts)

  5. salt to taste

  6. 1/2 (1 stick) margarine, melted

You mix the cracker crumbs, cheese, and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Coat the chicken breasts in the the melted butter and coat with the crumb mixture. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

The Love House Rice was a perfect side dish for this yummy chicken. This recipe can be found on page 95 of Home Again, Home Again. It was light and enough to fill you up.

My only complaint is that it took 1 hour to bake. The smell drifting from the oven made our taste buds angry and it was hard to wait! After devouring the entire meal, my dear, sweet, husband says: "We'll have to make this again." We?? The only thing he did to help was reach the shallow dish for me. ::sigh::

Add some buttery Cresent rolls and you'll have yourselves a really good chicken and rice dish!


1 comment:

  1. YAY Stace!! I'm so proud of you for trying your first recipe!! :) I will definitely be trying the chicken (you and Ashley both liked it), and the rice sounds good too. That might have to be one of our meals for next week! :) Can't wait to see what else you will make! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete