Monday, September 7, 2009

Raspberries Galore!

Well, needless to say James and I have had a weekend full of raspberries :) haha I made the raspberry jam on Saturday along with a very delicious homemade raspberry cobbler :) And today I made the Raspberry Muffins out of Home Again, Home Again. They tastes like a gourmet muffin from Starbucks or something. I think my favorite part about them was the little crumbly stuff on top :) These muffins were pretty easy to make and could be made with blueberries or strawberries. They were sooo yummy I'm going to include the recipe at the end of this post. My only tip on this recipe would be to make sure you let them cool for 5-10 minutes after they get out of the oven. James insisted that we eat them after about 3 minutes and the first one kind of fell apart a little because the raspberries were still all gooey. But, after we ate one, the second one had sat long enough to firm up a little and it was delicious!
Raspberry (Strawberry or Blueberry) Muffins
Topping:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp butter, softened
Muffins:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups frozen/fresh raspberries

Combine topping ingredients in bowl and mix until crumbly, set aside.
Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder in bowl. Add the milk, butter, and egg and stir until just moistened. Fold in raspberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle with the pecan mixture and pat lightly. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins test done. Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack. Freeze for future use, if desired. Makes one dozen muffins :) ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. These sound delicious!! I will definitely be trying these soon. :) I think I will try them with blueberries!

    ReplyDelete